I am really pleased to announce that we have a new Thursday morning class at The Surrey Jewellery School in Mayford 10 am -12 pm.
To book click HERE
Run in 4-week terms, these mixed-ability classes teach Silver Jewellery Making techniques. Suitable for all levels of experience, Beginners learn basic skills through ring, bracelet, necklace and earring projects designed to build core skills, whilst Improvers learn new techniques as they progress onto more intricate projects that they have selected themselves, under guidance from the tutor.
All classes are run in our well-equipped studio with a maximum of 4 students, ensuring you get plenty of tutor attention and make good progress during the session.
Techniques covered include but are not limited to:
– Working with Sterling Silver and its properties
– Piercing (Sawing)
– Soldering & Annealing
– Filing, Sanding & Polishing
– Adding interest with textures & patina’s
– Bezel and tube stone setting
– Specialist techniques such as reticulation and granulation
– Tools and resources needed
– How to set up your home studio and much, much more…
The cost of this course does not include materials, the tutor will advise you regarding what is required to complete your project prior to the session.
– All tools and consumables are supplied
– Light refreshments are provided
– Participants need to bring a notebook and pen/pencil to the class.
– For safety reasons, at each session closed in shoes must be worn and long hair tied back.
One thought on “New Jewellery Class!”
I am presently enjoying silversmithing classes at the Adult Ed in Guildford but getting very frustrated as I do not have enough contact with the tutor. Do you do any small or private classes in Guildford or near to it? If so when and how much do you charge?
Comments are closed.