All of our jewellery is delivered in our beautiful branded gift boxes ready to be presented. If you have any special requirements, please contact us to discuss your ideas.
Designs are generally made to order. In most cases we may have the design in stock, ready to dispatch within 2 days. If not orders take between 3-4 weeks to handcraft, hallmark, and be dispatched. For orders which require a special alteration, extra time may be needed depending on what alterations are required. Commissions will depend upon the nature of the required design, but generally take 6 to 8 weeks to complete.
We will communicate with you expected completion dates upon receiving your order as each and every commission is unique.
If you have a tight deadline, please don’t hesitate to contact us as the piece you wish to order, might be in stock ready to be dispatched. If not we can often accommodate your needs and push the order through the workshop.
Your jewellery will be sent using ‘Royal Mail International Signed For’ service if you live abroad.
If you are based in the UK, it will be sent using ‘Royal Mail First Class Signed For’ service. A signature will be required upon delivery. For orders over the value of £250, we use ‘Royal Mail Special Delivery’ service.
If you are local to Guildford, you can make an appointment to come to our workshop to have your finger measured, it will only take a few minutes to do so, and it will guarantee we achieve the correct size.
If not the next best option is it to visit your local jewellers, and ask to have your finger measured. They will be able to measure your finger size correctly using the correct ring sizing guage, checking you aren’t being measured when your fingers are extra hot or cold which can affect a true finger sizing.
Plastic gauges which flex do not always offer an accurate sizing as they often flex over the knuckle when tried on which solid metal is unable to do, the plastic flexible ring guage might fit you, but your solid ring order most likely will not.
It is important to get your ring size correct. Most rings can be resized at a small cost, but to avoid this, time taken to find the correct size is beneficial.
Ask the jewellers to make sure it is a UK ring sizing, as sizes can vary internationally.
Jewellery is not indestructible and silver can tarnish over time. Sometimes you jewellery can break under the strain of life no matter how well it is made, depending on how you look after it. We are able to deal with all repairs of our own designs, re-polish, re-oxidise or gold plate any finishes that have worn off over time.
- Try not to wear your jewellery when asleep as it can sometimes lead to stretched chains and accidental damages.
- Store your jewellery in its packaging to keep it safe when it is not being worn.
- Avoid perfumes and body creams, and household chemicals coming into contact with your jewellery, as some brands contain chemicals which can affect the silver and cause the surface to tarnish or become greasy and dirty. Some household products are very strong and can affect surface finishes and even corrode the metal.
- Take time to quickly check over your jewellery checking for any signs of wear and tear. Check your clasps and stone settings etc.
- Take off your jewellery when exercising or doing housework or DIY, as it can misshape and scratch your jewellery and possibly lead to permanent damage.
- Plated and Oxidised finishes can wear off when in contact with abrasive surfaces. These effects can be reapplied by us.
- Using a polishing cloth, regularly polish your pieces to keep them bright and tarnish free. The polishing cloth helps protect your jewellery from tarnish and keeps the surface looking bright and clean.
- You can send your jewellery back to us to restore. Please email us before to discuss the nature of the repair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can purchase Goddard’s Silver dip which will restore your silver jewellery back to its bright silver colour. It is very important you follow the instructions on the jar, only dipping the jewellery into the jar and then make sure you rinse your jewellery thoroughly after. Do not dip oxidised, bronze or gold plated pieces.
If you are unsure and require more advice, please contact us: email@example.com
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014 you have the right to cancel your contract/order with us up to 14 days after taking delivery of your jewellery for any reason. This right does not apply to earrings due to hygiene reasons, sale items or custom or personalised orders.
You are responsible for the safe return of the jewellery until it reaches us at our Guildford based workshop and Kirsten Hendrich Jewellery cannot be held responsible for any goods lost during transit. The cost of returned goods is your responsibility.
The original postage costs will not be refunded unless we sent incorrect items in error or if your jewellery was faulty when it was received. Postage costs will also not be covered if you choose to partially return an order, keeping some items. Nor will we refund any sales tax or duties payable on orders outside of the EU.
Returns must be packaged carefully in their original packaging to ensure safe delivery.
To arrange a return or an exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the order details (name and address), reason for return and whether you would like a refund or replacement. We will then provide the return address and confirm the process.
All refunds will be issued by the same method that the original payment was taken and within 7 working days of receipt of the goods.
All jewellery returned for an exchange or refund through no fault of Kirsten Hendrich Jewellery, must be returned in good condition without any signs of damage.
We accept payments via PayPal through our website, but we are also able to accept cheques and bank transfers. If making a payment via cheque or bank transfer, we will not be able to send your jewellery until the funds have cleared. Please let us know if you wish to pay in another way other than PayPal, and we can make arrangements with you.
You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal, simply enter your name, address and card details and your payment will be processed.
Generally we will only repair our own jewellery, as we are aware of the processes used to create the piece. We will however consider a repair of another piece, so it is best to email us with the details, and if possible, a photograph of the damaged jewellery.
Absolutely! As all our chains are handmade, we are able to vary the chain lengths and even the sizes of the links. Please just let us know your requirements before ordering.
Please contact us if you have any further queries, we are more than happy to help!