Jewellery Care Guide
Jewellery is not indestructible and over time can tarnish and sometimes can break under the strain of life no matter how well it is made. We are able to deal with all repairs of our own designs, re-polish, re-oxidise or gold plate any finishes that have worn off over time.
- Try not to wear your jewellery when asleep as it can sometimes lead to stretched chains and accidental damages.
- Store your jewellery in its packaging to keep it safe when it is not being worn.
- Avoid perfumes and body creams, and household chemicals coming into contact with your jewellery, as some brands contain chemicals which can affect the silver and cause the surface to tarnish or become greasy and dirty. Some household products are very strong and can affect surface finishes and even corrode the metal!
- Take time to quickly check over your jewellery checking for any signs of wear and tear. Check your clasps, stone settings (if applicable) etc.
- Take off your jewellery when exercising or doing housework or DIY, as it can misshapen and scratch your jewellery and possibly lead to permanent damage.
- Plated and Oxidised finishes can wear off when in contact with abrasive surfaces. These effects can be re-applied.
What to do if your Jewellery has become tarnished or damaged:
- You can either send your jewellery back to us to restore for a fee depending on the nature of the repair or polish. Please email us before hand to discuss the nature of the problem: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can purchase Goddard's Silver dip which will restore your silver jewellery back to its bright silver colour. It is very important you follow the instructions on the jar, only dipping the jewellery into the jar and then make sure you rinse your jewellery thoroughly after.
- Do not dip oxidised, bronze or gold plated pieces.
- Goddard’s silver dip is available from many outlets including Robert Dyas and Sainsbury’s, and is under £5.
- A Silver Polishing cloth is another option, regularly polish your pieces to keep them bright and tarnish free. The polishing cloth helps protect your jewellery from tarnish.
If you are unsure and require more advice, please contact us: email@example.com